Radiation is generated by a tablet in all directions; back, screen and sides, with the most radiation emitted from the back and top of the tablet where the Radio Frequency (RF) transmitters are located. Exposure to radiation from the screen of a tablet is mitigated by the further distance away from the body. As a rule of thumb, when one foot away from the emitting source the dangers of these emissions are significantly reduced by as much as 80%.
Articles in this section
- Where do tablet computers emit radiation?
- What types of radiation does a tablet computer produce?
- Is radiation emitted from the front of a tablet?
- When are tablet computer radiation emissions most harmful?
- Can I develop health problems from using a tablet computer?
- Do tablets emit Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR)?
- How come tablet computer radiation is such a big deal now and wasn't in the past?