Yes, the DefenderPad® can be used on a desk, but may not be necessary. The DefenderPad® blocks laptop EMF radiation emissions whether it it placed on a lap, a desktop, table or any other surface. When a laptop is used on a desk or table without a DefenderPad®, the laptop emissions can travel completely through. Most desks and tables do not have the capacity to shield any of the 0-10 GHz spectrum radiation emissions. However, these emissions present less risk to the body because there tends to be a fair distance between the laptop and the body legs (lower body). When one foot away for example, the danger to health risks from EMF radiation is significantly reduced.
Articles in this section
- How does the DefenderPad® protect from harmful laptop radiation and heat?
- Can a DefenderPad® be used on a desk?
- Does the DefenderPad® help keep the laptop cool like a fan or a cooling pad?
- If I use a DefenderPad®, does my laptop emit more dangerous emissions? Will they reflect back at me?
- Can the DefenderPad® work with different size laptop computers?
- Does the DefenderPad® reduce or block a wireless WiFi signal or router connectivity?
- Do some laptop radiation protection products shield Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) better than others?
- Is the DefenderPad® constructed with any hazardous materials?
- Does a laptop slide around on top of the DefenderPad®?
- Can the DefenderPad® be used with a tablet?