Components of tablets convert power into processing, memory-storing, and other computing functions. Many of these components generate Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) when performing computing operations. Tablets also generate heat radiation, but less than your typical laptop for example. When your tablet connects to the internet or a network, it uses WiFi or cellular (e.g., 3G, 4G, 5G) signals. A tablet is equipped with transmitters and receivers for this function. It's the transmitting part of the tablet that poses the potential danger, because it uses high frequency, Radio Frequency (RF) Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) signals.
Articles in this section
- Where do tablet computers emit radiation?
- What types of radiation does a tablet computer produce?
- Is radiation emitted from the front of a tablet?
- When are tablet computer radiation emissions most harmful?
- Can I develop health problems from using a tablet computer?
- Do tablets emit Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR)?
- How come tablet computer radiation is such a big deal now and wasn't in the past?